Friday, January 26, 2007

Reflecting on the Word

Thanks to Pearl Pirie, who writes me that she has posted a promotion of my book on her blog.

I also wanted to tell you that the other day, after I finished marking quizzes in my little shared office at the University of Ottawa, where I am working part-time, I read some poetry I've been wanting to look at for some time. I share some lines from Wallace Stevens which I may someday use for an epigraph, if a poem "comes". In the meantime, they sing to me.

She was the single artificer of the world
In which she sang. And when she sang, the sea,
Whatever self it had, became the self
That was her song, for she was the maker.

Wallace Stevens, “The Idea of Order at Key West”

Tonight I will read some poems I have written for my father, at the Baha'i Centre coffeehouse, in downtown Ottawa. I am pleased to be included on their program, and will tell y'all about it sometime, perhaps with a picture or two...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home